- We were approached by Encoder Public Relations to work together in creating the launch for the new Sony Ericsson Xperia arc, PLAY and neo smartphones.
- To design, create and manage the look and feel of creating a new world, where guests could lead a “life less ordinary”, from initial contact right through to the actual event.
- To create a new world called “Xperia”, where guests will feel like they have been transported into another world. The lands of this world representing the 3 phones being launched – (Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY and Xperia neo).
- Operators and Commercial Partners (reps from Telstra, Optus, Google, EA Games)
- Media – Lifestyle & Tech
- VIP Special Guests
- Consumers – Competition Winners
- Sony Ericsson Employees
Guests entered into Xperia via a portal, this was created with black draping and creative lighting. Each land was unique in guest experience and communicated the key messaging of each phone.
This space showcased the main features of the phone in the form of modern art gallery “Today’s arc Gallery”. Showcasing how far mobile entertainment has come. With a sleek plasma cut-out set and red carpet entrance, the arc phones were displayed on elegant mirrored plinths.
We created a modern train station set, cool lighting and futuristic train station announcements where the everyday smart phone could take you on an escape into the gaming world – a world where Slash and Ezio would be sitting right next to you on the platform.
In this space we immersed the guests into a full moon party, with low lighting, sand flooring, a full moon over the water, the sounds of the ocean lapping the beach and glow paint. Guests were invited to paint messages on the black set then test the quality of the neo’s camera against their own phone in the low light conditions.